- Consumer Goods Forum (CGF). I have been appointed as expert and a panel coordinator for their Global Social and Environmental Compliance Program (GSCP) Equivalence Process. Variations in social compliance and environmental compliance standards, audit process and methodology as well as requirements for auditing competence make it difficult for Organisations to recognise and accept audit reports coming from other schemes. The GSCP Equivalence Process will help companies and initiatives overcome this by allowing them to benchmark their systems, tools and processes against agreed best existing practice as described in the GSCP reference tools.
- The International Supply Chain Conference. I facilitated a workshop session at the conference in Amsterdam titled ‘The future of standards.’ Panellists will discuss how standards for sustainability are perceived and how the policy agenda may develop over coming years.
- Panda Supermarkets is the largest food retailer in Saudi Arabia. I supported their commercial team with technical strategic planning that includes private label policy, supplier management, quality assurance, distribution practices and retail operations.
- Moderating The Big Debate at the International Food Safety Conference.
Panel: Ezzeddine Boutrif, FAO Italy; Marinus Huige, WTO Netherland; John Lamb, World Bank USA; Kevin McKinley, ISO Switzerland; Terry Babbs, Tesco UK; Donna Garren, NRA USA; Yves Rey, Danone France; Mile Burness, Chiquita/Fresh Express USA (PDF)
- Position Paper for the Global Food Safety Initiative (the world’s five largest retailers). “Once certified, accepted everywhere. Standards, harmonisation and co-operation in the global food industry” (PDF)
- Compiling and writing the newsletter for the Global Food Safety Initiative June 08 (PDF)
- Compiling and writing the Global Food Safety newsletter Dec 08 (PDF)
- Strategic development for IT Service Provider working with brands and retailers.